Total-T3 Test in Pune
Price, Symptoms, Normal Range
Total-T3 test measures the level of the hormone T3 in the blood, which helps to evaluate thyroid function. It costs Rs.260 . The normal range for adult males is 0.64-1.52,the normal range for adult females is 0.64-1.52
Updated At : 2023-11-14T22:00:29.181+00:00
What is Total-T3 Test
The Total-T3 Test is a blood test used to measure the amount of triiodothyronine (T3) hormone in the blood. This test can help diagnose thyroid disorders and monitor the effectiveness of thyroid hormone replacement therapy. The test is performed by taking a blood sample from the patients arm and analyzing the T3 levels in the laboratory. Results are usually available within a few days.
Do I need this test?
Let's find out whether you need the Total-T3 Test test. Answer the following 5 questions and get a free instant result!
Which symptoms are related to Total-T3 Test?
If you have Fatigue,Weight Gain,Cold Intolerance,Hair Loss,Muscle Weakness, you may need to get tested.
Here is the complete list of symptoms
Who should do this test?
Individuals with suspected or confirmed thyroid dysfunction,Patients with symptoms of thyroid dysfunction,Patients undergoing treatment for thyroid disorders should do this test
- Individuals with suspected or confirmed thyroid dysfunction: The Total T3 test can be used in conjunction with other thyroid function tests to evaluate the overall function of the thyroid gland. It may be particularly useful in patients with suspected or confirmed hyperthyroidism, as T3 levels are typically elevated in this condition.
- Patients with symptoms of thyroid dysfunction: Symptoms such as weight loss or gain, fatigue, hair loss, and changes in heart rate may suggest thyroid dysfunction. A Total T3 test may help to confirm or rule out this possibility.
- Patients undergoing treatment for thyroid disorders: Patients who are being treated for thyroid disorders may have their T3 levels monitored to ensure that their treatment is effective and that their thyroid function is stable.
What to do if the test is abnormal?
- Consult with a healthcare provider: If the result of the Total-T3 test is abnormal, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare provider who can interpret the results and provide further guidance on what steps to take next.
- Follow-up testing: Depending on the severity of the abnormality, the healthcare provider may recommend follow-up testing to confirm the results and determine the underlying cause of the abnormality. This may include additional thyroid function tests or other diagnostic tests.
- Treatment: If an underlying medical condition is identified, the healthcare provider may recommend treatment to address the issue. This may include medication or other interventions to manage thyroid function or other related conditions. It is important to follow the healthcare providers recommendations and attend any necessary follow-up appointments to monitor progress and adjust treatment as needed.
In which diseases is Total-T3 Test abnormal?
What is the normal range of - Total-T3 Test
The normal range for adult males is 0.64-1.52,the normal range for adult females is 0.64-1.52
Normal Ranges in Males
>= 0 years
Normal Ranges in Females
>= 0 years
|>= 0 years||0.64-1.52|
|>= 0 years||0.64-1.52|
Currently no interpretation details are avaialble for this report.
Currently no treatment options details are avaialble for this report,check back later or consult your doctor
|Sample Type Required||serum|
|Principle of Measurement||CMIA|
|Units of Measurement||ng/ml|